Thursday, August 21, 2008

Just a Perfect Day...

My perfect day would consist of me waking up around 9 am and leisurely making my way to the kitchen for some coffee or tea and oatmeal. I would then spend the next hour or so sitting at my kitchen counter reading the New York Times, The New York Times Magazine, In Style, and Us Weekly, while simultaneously listening to This American Life and Savage Love on itunes.

I would then spend most of the day hiking and biking in up-state NY, stopping for a picnic lunch, featuring peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, trail mix, homemade mint iced-tea, rice pudding, oranges, hummos, and carrots. En route, my hiking/biking partner and I would share travel stories and make each other laugh.

After a day of outdoorsy activities, I would go to the local farmer's market and pick out and taste a variety of delicious vegetables and fruits that I will later cook for an elaborate dinner party that I will host at my apartment. I will spend the next 2-4 hours preparing for the dinner party, that will showcase an array of dips, salads, lentils, stir fry, tofu, and olive bread. While I cook, I will be intermittently sipping wine, eating olives, and listening to the Amadeus soundtrack.

When my friends arrive, we all sit around tasting the food, drinking wine, reminiscing, and telling hilarious stories. After dinner, we would all play an enormous game of Taboo.

After the dinner party, I will wash dishes while watching my Golden Girls DVDs. As I get ready for bed, I reflect on the day's events and feel satisfied with myself. There's nothing better than feeling pleasantly exhausted, knowing things were accomplished throughout the day.

No comments: