Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Perfect Day=Lazy Day

If you could do anything, what would you do? Fantasizing about vacation and/or what my life would be like if I didn't have to work is always fun, even if it is an exercise in frustration being that I have approximately $40 in the bank.

My perfect day would be waking up at around 10:30am, spending three or four hours on the beach, drinking margaritas and mai tais, reading a book on a hammock, and finishing the day by going out with friends. All the food that day would be amazing and I basically wouldn't have to lift a finger.

Oh man, it's relaxing to even think about. I know this fantasy is pretty common, but the glory in this is what a complete change it is from the normal routine. I spend all day being accountable to lots of people, not to mention being responsible enough to pay bills on time and do annoying chores like laundry, dishes, and taking out the trash. That crap is exhausting!

Now, I don't know if this reflects badly on me, like I'm a lazy person at heart or something, nor do I really care. I completely identify with Peter in Office Space: if I didn't have to work, I would do nothing.

No comments: