Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mosquitoes Ruin Everything

OK I have got to say, I have the battle for "___ ruins everything" in the bag. The correct answer is: mosquitoes ruin everything. You know it's true. Try to think of a time when mosquitoes were around and weren't ruining everything.

Mosquitoes have plagued me basically since I was born. I've lived in humid climates my whole life, so I really don't know what it feels like to not be constantly annoyed by these pests. To top it all off, I seem to be more attractive to them than normal. I can be out on the deck with my whole family for 15 minutes and I will get nine times the bites they will. I also get mysterious mosquito bites in the night--especially awesome is when they get my face. Like zits aren't enough. So here's the breakdown of all the ways mosquitoes suck:

1) They spread malaria, west nile, and who the f knows what else. Gross.
2) If you smack one, there's a good chance you'll get blood on you. Whether it's your own or your neighborhood crack dealer's, messing with blood is never a good idea.
3) They make otherwise pleasant outdoor activities a nightmare. Who wants to be swatting and slapping yourself the whole time you're trying to play raquetball? Best case scenario, you remembered the bugspray and now are a sticky, stinky mess. Don't forget to reapply!
4) The bites are terribly unattractive and itchy.
5) Any standing water turns into breeding grounds--so much for that pool idea.

No comments: