Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Engaged and Underage

I hate being single. Granted, it's only been 3 or 4 months since my most recent breakup, but still: there's nothing good about being single. All my friends tell me to "enjoy being single," but I'm telling you that there is no such thing. Nobody actually enjoys being single. If single people LIKED being single, they wouldn't be constantly and actively on the prowl for their next boyfriend/girlfriend. Single people go out to bars and get drunk in the hopes of finding a potential new boyfriend or girlfriend. There is always an ulterior motive to "going out" and "drinking."

I'm telling you there's nothing more exhausting and annoying than being single. Having to constantly re-tell your best stories or best jokes, having to constantly wear the ultimate outfits, having to worry about whether or not the guy is gonna call is 100% completely exhausting. And what's more annoying is that there are no men worth approaching or dating. Frankly, I am completely grossed out by all men found at bars. They always smell bad and dress terribly and have absolutely nothing intelligent or remotely interesting to say.

Does anybody actually prefer to go out? Are people ever happy they drank 17 tequilla shots and can't remember half the conversation or how they got home? Do people pretend to love hangovers and beer shits? I don't.

I would much rather spend that time sleeping.

No comments: